The award will be presented during the Campbell Conference Awards Banquet as part of MidAmeriCon II, the 74th World Science Fiction Convention, to be held August 17-21, 2016 at the University of Kansas in Lawrence, Kansas MO.
The finalists for the 2016 Theodore Sturgeon Memorial Award are:
- “And You Shall Know Her By The Trail Of Dead,” Brooke Bolander. Lightspeed, Feb 2015.
- “The Four Thousand, the Eight Hundred,” Greg Egan. Asimov’s, Dec 2015.
- “The New Mother,” Eugene Fischer. Asimov’s, Apr/May 2015.
- “Folding Beijing,” Hao Jingfang, translated by Ken Liu. Uncanny Magazine, Jan/Feb 2015.
- “Emergence,” Gwyneth Jones. Meeting Infinity, ed. Jonathan Strahan. Solaris.
- “Damage,” David D. Levine. Tor.com, 21 Jan 2015.
- “The Game of Smash and Recovery,” Kelly Link. Strange Horizons, 17 Oct 2015.
- “Botanica Veneris: Thirteen Papercuts by Ida Countess Rathangan,” Ian McDonald. Old Venus, eds. G.R.R.Martin and Gardner Dozois. Bantam Books.
- “Our Lady of the Open Road,” Sarah Pinsker. Asimov’s, Jun 2015.
- “The Three Resurrections of Jessica Churchill,” Kelly Robson. Clarkesworld, Feb 2015.
- “Gypsy,” Carter Scholz. Fantasy & Science Fiction, Nov/Dec 2015.
- “Avery Cates: The Walled City,” Jeff Somers. Kindle edition, Jun 2015.
For more details please visit AwardsAndWinners.com