Finalists for the 2016 Washington Science Fiction Association (WSFA) Small Press Award for Short Fiction were announced at their annual convention, Capclave, held this year on October 7-9th at the Hilton Washington DC North/ Gaithersburg, Maryland, USA.
The 2016 WSFA Small Press Award Finalists are as below :
- “The Art of Deception” , Stephanie Burgis (Insert Title Here)
- “Headspace”, Beth Cato (Cats in Space)
- “Leashing the Muse” , Larry Hodges (Space and Time 5/15)
- “Cat Pictures Please” , Naomi Kritzer (Clarkesworld 1/15)
- “Burn Her” , Tanith Lee (Dancing Through the Fire)
- “The Haunting of Apollo A7LB” , Hannu Rajaniemi (Hannu Rajaniemi: Collected Fiction)
- “The Empress in Her Glory” , Robert Reed (Clarkesworld 4/15)
- “Today I Am Paul” , Martin L. Shoemaker (Clarkesworld 8/15)
- “Leftovers” , Leona Wisoker (Cats in Space)
The WSFA Small Press Award honors the efforts of small press publishers in providing a critical venue for short fiction in the area of speculative fiction. The award showcases the best original short fiction published by small presses in the previous year (2014). An unusual feature of the selection process is that all voting is done with the identity of the author (and publisher) hidden so that the final choice is based solely on the quality of the story.
For more details please visit AwardsAndWinners.com