Actor Mel Gibson gave speech as he received the Crystal Globe for Outstanding Artistic Contribution to World Cinema at the opening ceremony of the 49th Karlovy Vary International Film Festival (KVIFF) on July 4, 2014 in Karlovy Vary, Czech Republic. The festival opened with the movie ‘I Origins’.
The 49th Karlovy Vary International Film Festival (KVIFF) has announced its lineup of films for this year, including seven world premieres, five international premieres and the festival’s first ever animated feature.
Here are some of the highlights of the festivals 49th :
- “Corn Island,” a drama from Georgian director George Ovashvili (“The Other Bank”)
- “Welkome Home,” Russian filmmaker Angelina Nikonova’s examination of an immigrant community living in New York
- “Free Fall,” a film of seven interconnected stories helmed by Hungarian director György Pálfi
- “I’m Yours,” Belgian director David Lambart’s drama about a relationship between a young Argentinian man and an aging Belgian baker
- “Rocks in My Pockets,” Latvian filmmaker Signe Bauman’s animated film about depression, the first animation feature ever to screen at Karlovy Vary.
This year’s KVIFF will also showcase artists from Mexico, Kazakhstan and, of course, the Czech Republic. In addition, France’s Pascal Rabaté, who won the festival’s Best Director prize last year for “Holidays by the Sea,” will return with his new film “Patchwork Family,” a stylized, modern morality tale.
Also see the below list of Jury :
|Luis Minarro, President|
For more information please visit : AwardsAndWinners.com