The winner of the 2016 Washington Science Fiction Association (WSFA) Small Press Award is chosen by the members of the Washington Science Fiction Association and presented at their annual convention, Capclave, held this year on October 9-11th in Gaithersburg, Maryland at the Hilton Washington DC North. The 2016 WSFA Small Press Award was presented by Steve Stiles.
The winner of the 2016 WSFA Small Press Award was Today I Am Paul by Martin L. Shoemaker, published in Clarkesworld Magazine, edited by Neil Clarke and Sean Wallace (August 2015). The award was accepted by Neil Clarke, on behalf of Martin Shoemaker.
The complete list of other finalists:
- “Today I Am Paul”, Martin L. Shoemaker (Clarkesworld 8/15)–WINNER
- “The Art of Deception”, Stephanie Burgis (Insert Title Here)
- “Headspace”, Beth Cato (Cats in Space)
- “Leashing the Muse”, Larry Hodges (Space and Time 5/15)
- “Cat Pictures Please”, Naomi Kritzer (Clarkesworld 1/15)
- “Burn Her”, Tanith Lee (Dancing Through the Fire)
- “The Haunting of Apollo A7LB”, Hannu Rajaniemi (Hannu Rajaniemi: Collected Fiction)
- “The Empress in Her Glory”, Robert Reed (Clarkesworld 4/15)
- “Leftovers”, Leona Wisoker (Cats in Space)
The award recognises the “best original short fiction” published by small presses in the previous year(2015).
For more details please visit AwardsAndWinners.com