International Peace Bureau, founded in 1891, is the world's oldest international peace federation.
IPB was founded under the name Permanent International Peace Bureau. From 1912 onward it used the name International Peace Bureau. Between 1946 and 1961, it was known under the name International Liaison Committee of Organizations for Peace Ã¢â‚¬â€œ ILCOP.
The organisation was awarded the Nobel Peace Prize in 1910 "[For acting] as a link between the peace societies of the various countries". In 1913 Henri La Fontaine was also awarded the Prize "[For his work as] head of the International Peace Bureau". As of 2012, eleven other Nobel Peace Prize laureates have been members of the IPB.